Date:      03 Dec 2003 16:54:05 -0500
From:      Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moving vinum disks

I have a concatenated 2 drives together to make 1 large disk using
vinum.  Did this last year or something like that and haven't touched it
since...

I wish to move my vinum disks to another computer, but I really don't
want to lose any information.  So I want to ask from someone who has
done this, instead of just trusting myself to read the manpage
correctly.  Don't get me wrong, I have read the manpage, but if I lose
this data I will kick myself, hard.  Unfortunately I don't have enough
storage space anywhere else to do a full backup...

my vinum config is this:

drive d1 device /dev/ad2s1e
drive d2 device /dev/ad3s1e
volume tank
  plex org concat
    sd length 0 drive d1
    sd length 0 drive d2

To complicate matters, I wish to add another drive, but from what I
understand I cannot add another drive without reformatting all of them,
correct?

Any help is appreciated,
Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list right now, so please CC me as well
as the list.