Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 14:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vinod <geekvinod@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   mobile routing problem

 i need some help with a routing problem i face.
below is my setup.

    10.0.0.1  firewall/router

        _ _ _ _ |_ _ _ _ _
        |                 |
        |10.0.0.2         |10.0.0.3
       Desktop1          Desktop2
        10.0.1.1            10.0.1.2

                Mobile
                10.0.1.5

 Desktop1 and Desktop 2 are multihomed pc's with an
ethernet and wireless nic.i want to access the
internet from my mobile through either desktop1 or
desktop2 with just a change of ibss channel,like a
handoff(Desktop1 and Desktop2 wireless cards are
assigned different channels).How can this be best
implemented  ?

1) for such a scenario what should be the default
router of the mobile?
2) how can i tell the firewall through which desktop i
can access the mobile?
3)my desktops are configured as routers right now.is
there any other way my mobile can access the internet?

Thanks in advance,
Vinod