Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:16:20 -0500
From:      jsapp@iblp.org
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq DL380

We're getting ready to purchase a Compaq DL380, and I had some concerns about
some of the things working correctly. N^@NLFirst of all, it comes with an
integrated ethernet card, which I believe is based on the Intel 82559
chipset.
This should be supported be the ex driver right?

Second, I was wondering if the "Integrated Smart Array Controller" will work.
I called Compaq, and they said it was based on Symbios's 53C1510. I looked
around but to no avail, I couldn't find any mention of this on the mailing
lists. Should I buy one of the other supported RAID cards that seem to be so
plentiful on ebay?

All in all, has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this particular
computer?

Please reply directly because I'm not on the list.

Thanks,
Jeff