Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:11:21 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Jared Barneck <rhyous@yahoo.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale FreeBSD deployment"

--qwWC3uIwaXcGNtT+

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:03:10PM -0700, Jared Barneck wrote:
> David,
>=20
> If HP is not really going to support FreeBSD,

My understanding of the context of the request was that my correspondent
in IT had been asked by someone in HP to help provide a business
case for HP to spend more (perhaps in a "Mad Tea Party" sense)
resources supporting FreeBSD.

> then maybe Dell is a better way to go...

My employer already has quite a few HP machines that were purchased with
the express intent of running FreeBSD.  The decision was not mine.

Indeed, I am preparing to start testing an alternative hardware
configuration (and vendor).

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--qwWC3uIwaXcGNtT+

--qwWC3uIwaXcGNtT+--