Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 00:42:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Dowdal <jdowdal@destiny.erols.com>
To:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@cdrom.com>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Diskless Workstation -- Problems needing to be addressed

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Jamil J. Weatherbee wrote:

> Are these known to boot freebsd using bootp and tftp (i.e. have you tried
> it yourself or a close friend). I ask because most cards can do this just
> not with freebsd off the shelf.

I'm currently doing this with a disposable NE2000 clone and the nb8390.com
which is in /usr/mdec.  There is also the .bin file which I haven't ever
tried to burn into a rom; I'm netbooting this machine, because it has a
500MB hard drive which is dedicated to windoze.

If you have specific quesitons I'll answer them.

John Dowdal     jdowdal@destiny.erols.com       I Want My/I Want My NetTV