Date:      13 Dec 1997 21:53:56 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup [src-all] and [doc-all] coexistance

"David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu> writes:

> Below is my supfile... its attempted purpose is to keep me -stable, and
> with all of the docs.  the problem is that the doc-all tag deletes
> /usr/src/share/doc/Makefile.
>
> However, even if I remove the delete option from the release= line, it
> still will not build the FreeBSD documentation with a 'make world'.  Is
> there anyway to do this, and I just going about this the hard way?
>
> *default tag=RELENG_2_2
> *default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup/base
> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
> src-all
> doc-all prefix=/usr/src/share
> ports-all tag=.

The docs are, like the ports, version independent.  You need to add
"tag=." to that line.

I'd drop the "prefix=/usr/src/share" while you're at it.  By default
they'll go into /usr/doc, and I haven't found it a particular nuisance
to say "cd /usr/doc ; make all install clean" as part of my rebuilding
routine.
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante,  | Usenet II -- because
but I've never quite been ready to make | it's time for October