Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:55:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE Zip drive, challenge!

>  > > ...This is precicely why NetBSD's ATAPI code uses the SCSI disk and cdrom
>  > > drivers; in fact, most of the command sending and error recovery code,
>  > > as well as the cores of the drivers, is shared between SCSI and ATAPI.
>  > >
>  > > You may want to take a look at how we did it, to get ideas.
>  >
>  > Make the CVS tree available so it's much easier to see how/why it was
>  > done in NetBSD. :) :) :)
>
> Given my previous two comments on this topic (that were posted to this
> list), I guess that you're just going out of your way to be a jerk.

Do smileys mean *anything* to you, or did you just getup on the wrong
side of the bed this morning.

Besides, you're previous two comments said absolutely nothing.  'I
stated that the NetBSD commit tree isn't available, and you're comments
stated the *exact* same thing.'  The didn't add anything to the
discussion.

> In any case, the commit messages are archived on a public mailing list,
> and the source is, of course, available on {ftp,sup}.netbsd.org, and
> their mirrors.

The commit messages are meaningless w/out the code diffs.

If you truly want to be helpful, then don't bother pointing to the
NetBSD source files which are far less useful than the OpenBSD sources
files, which for the most part contain the same code, but do contain
useful code diffs along with commit messages.

Nate