Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:51:27 -0400
From:      Tim Singletary <tsingle@vetinsite.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Tim Singletary <tsingle@vetinsite.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: `cp -Rp' vs `pax -r -w'; setting up multiple jails

 > Both tar and cpio handle hard links correctly. If you plan to keep a

cpio, tar, and pax handle hard links correctly, but they don't set
the schg flag (man 1 chflags).  cp sets the schg flag but doesn't
handle hard links.  I was looking for something that does both.

 > You can even use the -l option so that it just creates hard links

cpio's -l option doesn't link files whose schg flag is set.

I'm not sure if the schg flag is important in jails.  Will I lose
anything if it isn't set?

tim