Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:02:28 +0000
From:      - <user@celeritystorm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE k3b on FreeBSD 5.3 - Annoying bug - ideas?

Hi list,

I'm experiencing a rather annoying bug with k3b 0.11.17_1.

I run k3b as root, and whenever I start it, k3b says:

Unable to find growisofs executable
K3b uses growisofs to actually write dvds. Without growisofs you won't
be able to write dvds. Make sure to install at least version 5.10.
Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package.

Well...
dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8 DVD burning software

Is installed, and..

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 86348 Dec 29 04:41 /usr/local/bin/growisofs*

growisofs is there... I copied it to /usr/bin , /usr/sbin,
/usr/local/sbin, /sbin, /bin in a last attempt to unblind k3b. Didn't work.

I've uninstalled k3b, uninstalled dvd+rw, reinstalled them. nothing.
This doesn't happen if I run k3b as a regular user, but then it doesn't
even find the dvd recorder (without changing loads of stuff that is,
precisely why I run k3b as root via sudo)

So.. the file is there, this only happens as root. The dvd+rw package is
installed. What could be run? I've ran out of ideas..

Best regards

Hugo