Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:38:50 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vnconfig and VNIOCATTACH

Hi

I use the following commands to create a plain file, make a filesystem on it and mount it:
   vnconfig -T -S 128m -Z -s labels -c vn0 /usr/plainfile
   chmod 600 /usr/plainfile
   disklabel -r -w vn0 auto
   disklabel -e vn0
   newfs /dev/vn0c
   mount /dev/vn0c /mnt/targetdir

For mounting the device (for instance after a reboot):
   vnconfig -e -s labels vn0 /usr/plainfile mountro=/mnt/targetdir

And for disabling:
   vnconfig -d vn0c /usr/plainfile mount=/mnt/targetdir

1) do I use these commands correctly? I basically just copied stuff from the manpages
2) after disabling, when I am trying to re-enable the device, I get
   vnconfig: VNIOCATTACH: Device busy
What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance