Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 18:10:44 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Checkins

I'm finishing the checking that I started a long time ago that added
sanity checking to the size of the return value for gethostbyaddr.
Likely not strictly necessary, but will guard against possible bugs in
the bind implementation related to hosts that return too much
information.  When I committed the first of these changes, I asked for
opinions about this, and got none.  I've been running these in my tree
for the past 6 months w/o a hitch.

I doubt they need to be merged into -stable.  There isn't a way, as
far as i know, to exploit them.  If others disagree, please let me
know.

Warner