Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:12:58 +0400
From:      "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Gnome-2.4 Desktop setup questions

=F7 =DE=D4, 25.09.2003, =D7 11:55, Joe Marcus Clarke =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:

> > 2. Also I have no openoffice items in gnome default menus and gnome
> > mimetypes (not sure, may be it is question to freebsd-openoffice)
>=20
> You have to add them.  I had to setup my associations so Word, Excel,
> PPT docs are opened with openoffice.

Not look too user-friendly :(=20

With such approach it will be too difficult to get many users for Gnome.

OpenOffice  handles a lot of mime-types, and I am sure that all handlers
should be installed automatically or semi-automatically. As well as
menu-items.

Anyway, I think it is quest for openoffice port.

> Joe
--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
SWsoft Inc.