Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 1995 02:28:09 GMT
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   VM86 calls and BIOS disk driver

	Is anyone actively working on the VM86 stuff with an eye to
implementing a generic BIOS disk driver, so as to support the hardware
or controllers that are not yet supported by a specific driver? Why I say
that is because this TMC-885 controller does not work wuth -current's
seagate.c, and only on the 2.0 seagate.c with BLIND_TRANSFER disabled. If I
could use the onboard BIOS, I'm fairly sure that it'd do better than the
huge amount of CPU it eats now polling the damn thing.

	Stephen