Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:59:55 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>, Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: Patch for critical_enter()/critical_exit() & interrupt assem

>>:John has been consistently chugging along on the job all the way.
>>:At this point in time, until he is officially unseated John is our
>>:designated SMPng architect and his word is pretty final.
>>:
>>:--
>>:Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
>>
>>    Oooh... so you mean that since I was working full time and unable
>>    to contribute, somehow this disqualifies me now?
>
>No, but it does make you, like the rest of us, underlings to John
>architectural direction.

   Just a quick note that the core team is still having a lively discussion
about this issue. All options are still on the table, including appointing
an offical SMPng architect/manager.
   Please be patient.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
President, Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.