Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:42:53 +1100
From:      "Steven Harris" <steve@playgal.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-PPP Question

Hi,

We currently have a setup whereby 2 kernel PPP devices are configured (ppp0 and ppp1) and I wish to route traffic evenly through them.  I have got to the stage where i can SEND packets evenly but they are received on the interface that the connection was originally established on.  Ie.  If i establish a connection on ppp0 but SEND all the packets out ppp1, they will all come back to ppp0.

Is there any program out there that will "encasulate" a packet based on the interface it is being sent out of so that packets can be sent AND received from the interface they were sent from or does this voilate the basic laws of TCP/IP?

Thanks for your help.

Steve
Admin.