Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:37:05 -0700
From:      Erick Smith <desertfox@cableaz.com>
Subject:   Floppy drive confusion

OK, my fist trime trying to mount a floppy under FreebSD (4.8) isn't going so
well.

I've looked over the net and I think I have a problem.

I tried the command:

mount_msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

and variants with the slices added.  In all cases tried so far I get the
error:

mount_msdos: /dev/fd0: Device not configured

Here's where I think the problem lies:  (from my dmesg.boot)

fdc0: <NEC 72065B or clone> at port 0x3f0-0x3f5,0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0
fdc0: FIFO enabled, 8 bytes threshold

The significant thing here is, there's no fd0 device after the controller is
detected.  I assume this must be why I can't mount my floppy.  Any idea how I
can get fd0 to show up?

Thanks,

Erick Smith