Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:54:24 -0700
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@gmail.com>
Cc:        Tom Norris <tom@trancegeek.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a daemon/program for FreeBSD that accepts Microsoft RDP connections?

Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 5/14/06, Tom Norris <tom@trancegeek.net> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to convince my boss to let me set up a FreeBSD system as file
>> server.  He said he would allow it if he could use Microsoft's RDP
>> client (not VNC or SSH :( ) to connect and monitor the machine at his
>> whim.  Are there any daemons that will take incoming RDP connections?
>
> I just found out about xrdp: http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/
>
> It's not ported yet, though.

FWIW, xrdp compiles with minor mods to the Makefiles (remove all
references to -ldl). After install it appears to require a VNC server
running on localhost:5910. After pointing krfb to listen on 5910, I was
able to connect to my FreeBSD box using mstsc.exe from a Windows XP box.
There's hope that it's a relatively easy port.

HTH,
Micah