Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 1998 06:39:33 -0600
From:      anthony@sohopros.com
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Derrick Springer <mc_knight@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP help w/ Release 2.2.5

>> I am having problems configuring PPP to work automatically.
>> I followed the steps in the manual about creating/editing ppp.conf,
>> ppp.linkup, etc., but when I run "ppp 'provider'", it tells me that it
>> cannot find the entry for 'provider' (substituting 'provider' with my
>> provider's name) and then kicks me back to the prompt. I have followed
>> the instructions to the letter in the manual, but nothin' doin'.

Try this:

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier hdlc LCP IPCP CCP tun
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
isp:
 set phone ISPNUMBER
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 ogin:--ogin: ppp word: ppp"
# set timeout 120
# set ifaddr 0 0
 set authname USERNAME
 set authkey  PASSWORD

Subistute the /dev/cuaal for the correct port, USERNAME,
PASSWORD and ISPNUMBER. This should be saved as your
ppp.conf.

P.S. type this exactly as it is typed here.

Anthony ...

--

Anthony E. Coley
Consultant, SohoPros