Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:09:39 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Ding=E9?= <raphael.dinge@ohmforce.com>
To:        mikemcg@ucla.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Going from Windows to X - suggestions

>> Anyway, If you find some solutions with 16 MB Ram, I
> would be
>> happy to know it, since I can't use my old laptop
> for now.
>
> twm? hehehe.

Initially the old laptop was for a friend of mine, who doesn't
know much about computer, so I thought that perverting one more
to FreeBSD was a great idea... But it had to be good looking...
twm, well... well... ;)

In fact I did install WMaker on it, definitively not a good
solution. But what was surprinsing is that it was XFree86 that
was grabbing much of the memory, not wmaker itself... If I use
twm, then do you think that it would reduce X consumption ?

Assuming that having a light wm would reduce X consumption, what
would be a good wm to use with 32 MB Ram ? (optimum ratio good
looking/memory consumption)

Thanks,

Raphael