Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:05:55 -0400
From:      "Michael J. Streeter" <mike2609@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   booting from 2nd hard disk

I've modified my system by adding a second hard drive.  The first hard
disk is dedicated to MS-DOS, and the second for FreeBSD.  I just
installed BSD on the second disk, and was unsure if the boot manager
should be loaded on disk one or two... I did not load any manager and
thus tried to access BSD via the boot floppy (running release 3.1).  How
do I specify which drive/partition/slice for booting the kernel from
disk 2?  Under the older releases I was able to do this from the boot
menu, but this appears to be different. Also in regard to the boot
manager, where should that be installed?

Thanks in advance...

Mike