Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:10:04 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ralph Zitz <ralph@zitz.dk>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest linux-compat src patch

Quoting Ralph Zitz <ralph@zitz.dk> (from Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:23:35 +0200):

> Greetings Alexander
>
> Recently you changed some linux compatibility in the freebsd-current
> kernel source. I have a nasty suspicion that the changes broke

This is a very broad timeframe. I committed a lot of stuff there in =20
the last weeks.

> something. More specifically: I was running the teamspeak port (in
> audio/teamspeak_server) which worked fine before the recent changes to
> current. However after building a new kernel it has stopped working. To

What does this mean? Are there error messages (either from the binary =20
itself or on the console), or does it coredump? Please describe this =20
more, does it start and you can't use it, or doesn't it start at all?

> make sure that it was simply me doing something wrong I tried
> rebuilding the kernel again from before your patches (ie cvsup with
> default date set before your commit). And suddenly the port worked
> again. I'm afraid this is the best feedback I can give you. Hopefully
> it will be somewhat useful.

We need at least the dates of "working" and "not working". It would be =20
great if you could narrow this down to maybe an hour (or maybe a day).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137
I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no feet,
so I took his shoes.
=09=09-- Dave Barry