Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 07:27:16 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        djb@relativity.student.utwente.nl
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Success with ATA drivers and UDMA66

"Dave J. Boers" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that I enabled UDMA66 (by plugging in an 80
> conductor cable) on my WDC AC418000D today. The mainboard is an ABit BP6
> with builtin Highpoint HPT366 ATA controller.
>
> The system works very nicely. I did some heavy testing in single user mode
> by moving several 300 Mb files around between the IDE disk and my other
> SCSI disk (which got me a sustained transfer rate of over 10 Mb/sec). Then
> I made world. Everything works great (softupdates enabled on all
> filesystems except "/").
>
> If someone wants me to do some specific testing, let me know.

Do you boot from the UDMA66 drive ?
What is your BIOS revision ?
How many SDARM DIMMs do you use ?
What is the rating of your Power supply ?
Do you use an AGP graphics board ?

(I also have a BP6 and I'm mildly satisfied by its stability up to now,
I'm looking for ways to upgrade it and hints to increase the
reliability)

	TfH