Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:08:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>, Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starwars trailer?

>>>>> "Brett" == Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu> writes:

 Brett> HI,
 Brett> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Nocturne wrote:

 >> Has anyone tried mpegtv?
 >>
 >> www.mpegtv.com/player.html

 Brett> I tried this today - there's a port (not committed yet - see
 Brett> GNATs for the PR) that I grabbed to try it.

 Brett> The port is ... messed up.  It will try to fetch the wrong files - you
 Brett> need to remove the "-freebsd" from the various files to be
 Brett> fetched.  Once that's done it built and installed okay.  Not a
 Brett> big deal.
 Brett> You then need to manually set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as it needs
 Brett> a special library not in /compat/linux.  Again - not a big
 Brett> deal.

I just tried this a couple of days ago, and after making the same
changes to the port, it worked well enough except for one annoyance --
it only plays for a certain amount of time (it's demoware). I had to
view the trailer in 3 parts. :-)

 Brett> associates.  Afterwards I noticed immediately that for some
 Brett> reason sound only came out of the right speaker.  Playing WAV

Umm..the app seems to have the balance set to the left speaker. Did
you try setting the balance to midway between the left and right?

 Brett> Brett

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah
"Design is the successful application of constraints until