Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:49:51 +0000
From:      nclayton@lehman.com
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would you like to add...

Joe,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you.

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 05:59:08PM -0500, Joe Greco wrote:
> Ken is right, this is a good contribution to the handbook, or maybe a more
> advanced users guide of some sort.
>
> If you would like me to write it in slightly less terse language, I don't
> have an objection to doing so, plus I can provide some pointers to other
> code/patches that I have available.

[... contribution about keeping connections alive snipped ...]

I think this would be a great contribution, probably as a tutorial rather
than as an immediate addition to the Handbook. I say that partly because
there's nowhere obvious for it to go, and partly because I intend (if
everything goes well) to announce a Handbook freeze in ~ 2 weeks to migrate
over to the DocBook version of the Handbook.

If you could write this up and submit it as a tutorial using send-pr I'll
make sure it gets committed to (or linked to from the main tutorials
page if you'd rather maintain it directly yourself).

--+==[ Systems Administrator, Year 2000 Test Lab, Lehman Brothers, Inc. ]==+--
--+==[      1 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7HA     0171-601-0011 x5514       ]==+--