Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 15:58:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on the ktrace panic

I started a set of looping ktrace processes and was able to repeat
what I am pretty sure is the same panic.
Here are the details, copied from the ddb output:

Fatal trape 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address    = 0xdeadc0de	   (:-)
fault code		 = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	 = 0x8:0xf0117a54
stack pointer		 = 0x10:0xefbffc1c
frame pointer		 = 0x10:0xefbffc38
code segment		 = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			 = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	 = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		 = 19593 (ppp)
interrupt mask		 = net tty bio
kernel: type 12 trap, code=0
Stopped at	_free+0x174:	movl	0(%eax),%eax

stack trace:
_free+0x174
_allocbuf+0x1c8
_ffs_realloccg+0x3d5
_ffs_balloc+0x30e
_ffs_write+0x2e5
_ktrwrite+0xcd
_ktrgenio+0xa5
_write+0xf9
_syscall+0x195

And after typing all that in, I got a dump this time :-)

The valued 0xdeadc0de doesn't sound that random to me.  I'll follow it
up, but if anybody else can give me a pointer, I'd be grateful.

Greg