Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:25:58 -0500
From:      Patrick Quealy <q@quealy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fsck_ext2fs

I compled ext2 support into a kernel and I am able to mount and read
an ext2 partition fine.  However, running fsck -t ext2fs (or
fsck_ext2fs) on it results in the error message:

** /dev/ad1s1
BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG
ioctl (GCINFO): Operation not supported by device
/dev/ad1s1: can't read disk label

Same for the other partition on the disk.  Both are type 0x83/linux native.

Of course the need to fsck will arise eventually, but even if it did
not, I'm unable to include the ext2 partition in my fstab until the
system will be able to run fsck_ext2fs successfully on boot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--Patrick

--
Q -- q@quealy.org -- http://www.quealy.org