Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:59:20 -0700
From:      David Burton <odyseus2000@earthlink.net>
To:        Patrick Bihan-Faou <patrick@mindstep.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: UDMA write errors on stable and release

Just for information and to cutdown on confusion.

The UDMA 66, 100 cables are 40 pins (same as standard IDE)
80 conductors. Standard IDE cable are 40 pin 40 conductors.
The added conductors are for shielding.
It also has a lifted pin or hole in one of the connectors(on the newer
cables) this is the end that should go to the mainboard connector.
(per ASUS Motherboard man CUV4X)

mit fruendlichen gruessen,

David