Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:41:39 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        Robert Fulford <jbstrt@alltel.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xpm-3.4k

The .tgz files are package files - prebuilt applications.  FreeBSD ports
downloads source, applies FreeBSD-specific patches, and compiles the
application (actually, packages are generated from ports).  I think if you
get the 4 CD set, two or three of the CDs have the `distfiles' (the actual
source to the applications) on them, although these may be a bit out of
date.  Your best bet is to just `cd /usr/ports/graphics/xpm; make install'.

-pete

++ 11/02/01 17:57 -0500 - Robert Fulford:

--
Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Databits Network Services, Inc. <http://databits.net>;