Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:58:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Brian W. Buchanan wrote:
> > > Heh.  "fad" is also the abbreviation I've been using for my freebsd-admin
> > > application.  Anyone have any good suggestions for a final name for it?  I
> > > don't think there's any standard name that's common to many Unices;
> > > everyone seems to use something different.
> > >

> > Oh, I'm sorry... would you like me to change the name of the list to something
> > else?
>
> No, I was just pointing out a coincidence that I found humorous -- I
> started work on an application, and found myself wishing for a list where
> I could pick the brains of other FreeBSD app developers, then a few weeks
> later find that list in existence, with the same name as the working
> abbreviation I'd been using.  My app's name probably won't even stick
> around if someone can come up with something better. :)

ahh :)  I just set the list up recently :) In fact it just went public when I
announced it in here :)

Actually, FAD would be a good place to ask for help picking a name :)

[ licia@o-o.org ] [ http://www.o-o.org/~licia/ ] [ Alias : Ladywolf]
[ Telnet to o-o.org and log in as bbs ] [ http://www.o-o.org/      ]
[        A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/         ]
[     This user boycotts all Microsoft products and services       ]