Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:26:14 -0600
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "Dave" <dloose@WPI.EDU>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "John" <papalia@udel.edu>
Subject:   Re: No /usr/ports directory?

and if you install by cd do a cvsup on the ports collection :)

cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin
make install

after that, check the freebsd site (don't remember the url) about cvsup.

once you get the .conf's setup and the supfiles setup (takes about 5 min
the first time) then all you do is

cd /usr/ports
make update

and it will update the ports collection.

HTH,
| Daryl Chance   | We start seeing these new accounts being created,  |
| -------------- | but that could be an anomaly of the system.  After |
| Valuedata, LLC | a day or two, we realized it was someone hacking   |
| Memphis, TN    | into the system.      - Microsoft on thier hacker  |