Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:58:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Lars Kristiansen" <lars+lister.freebsd@adventuras.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to keep mount options after making a snapshot

Hi!
On some of my filesystems I use options like noatime, nosuid, nodev and
noexec.
If remounting one can in some cases use '-o current' to keep the current
options, or '-o fstab' to load them from fstab.
These two options does not work for me when making snapshots.
I can specify other mount options, but not 'current' or 'fstab'.
So when making snapshots, the filesystem is remounted with default
options, unless each wanted mount option is specified on the command line.

The easy way I have found to get my fstab options back after making
snapshots is by issuing 'mount -u -o fstab <filesystem>' afterwards.
That is a workaround, and it can work for me.

But a question: is there a cleaner way, maybe to keep the current options?

This is on a 5.4-RELEASE-p8 i386

--
Lars