Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 1997 23:55:58 +0100
From:      andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
To:        rlb@mindspring.com (Ron Bolin)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE option

Ron Bolin writes:
> I have an Adaptec 2940UW running 1 wide 4GB disk, 1 cd, 1 Archive Viper
> SCSI QIC tape,
> and 1 HP 35480 DAT. Prior to 12-20-96 I could perform dump backups on my
> 1.3 GB partitions with AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE enabled in my config file.
>
> As of 12-29 I can no longer perform those dumps, I get SCBPAGING errors
> and a premature end of tape detection. Upon removing this option, the
> backup dump works fine. This trouble also appears on todays 12-30-96
> 2.2. RELENG_2_2 with the option enabled.

Disable AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE and AHC_TAGENABLE ! Build a new kernel
and retry. I have the same problem using dump and a 5GB Tandberg
TDC 4222. There is already a problem report about this submitted
by me and forwarded by Joerg to Justin, which is the SCSI guru.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de