Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:23:04 -0400
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        Alex Zivenko <twistfire@rambler.ru>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Canon printer, USB, setup? HOW?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:27:39 +0300, Alex Zivenko <twistfire@rambler.ru>
wrote:

> Hi people.
> I am no a newbie but I had to setup parallel port connecting printers.
> Now I need to setup USB printer, Canon s200 model.
> How?
> mab y links.

The device will be ulptx rather than lptx.  Cups and apsfilter from the
ports both worked with my Canon i950 USB printer; apsfilter seemed to do a
bit better with web pages.

The fact that I know very little about Unix/FreeBSD is good
news/not-so-bad news.  Good: if I can do it, it can't be difficult.
Not-so-bad: if you get stuck, someone else will have to help.

Jud