Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:52:13 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tutorials

On Mon, Apr 13, 1998 at 12:25:31PM +0200, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> Studded <Studded@san.rr.com> writes:

> I also suggest we put the tutorials into the doc distribution
> and install the tutorials in /usr/share/doc/tutorials. Jordan?!
>
> I wonder why we ship 20 years old BSD unix manuals in /usr/share/doc
> but not our up to date FreeBSD tutorials ...

Hehe... true confessions. I tried to understand those old manuals the year
before last and wondered what was wrong with me, then wanted to do the right
thing and buy the old BSD books recommended in the Handbook. Only a few
weeks ago I discovered the tutorials.

I agree. Kill off all the old crap or at least make it very clear what it is
for, and give us more pointers to the good work that people are doing today.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more