Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:21:36 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Samuel Chow <cyschow@shaw.ca>, Mike Galvez <mrg8n@virginia.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: using a printer shared from a windows machine

> From: Mike Galvez <mrg8n@virginia.edu>
>
> > or, do i have any other options if i want to print on that printer?
>
> Does the printer have a Jet-Direct card?

    no, but it most probably won't be necessary. see below.

> From: "Samuel Chow" <cyschow@shaw.ca>

    well, mister, this looks like just what i need! big kudos to you!
    (i have a small problem resolving the netbios name of the box with
    the printer, but that's nothing a bit of RTFMing wouldn't cure...
    at least i hope so! :)

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
8:00PM up 7 days, 6:19, 8 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.01, 0.00