Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:12:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@harbor.ab.ca>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Solution to Help w/ ppp to NT 4 server

Thanks for the help.

As it turns out, we are running NT 4 with SP 2 but my problems turned out
to be a misunderstanding on my part, we have yet to see any problems
attributable to NT. I needed to turn off the 'Require Microsoft
Authentication' checkbox on the server but then I also needed to use the
'name' option on pppd.  Apparently pppd tries to use your hostname as a
username despite the fact that mty chap-secrets specified something else.
Once I used turned off the Microsoft extensions and used the 'name' option
everything worked great!

-Steve