Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2019 00:09:00 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to explore Android device files under FreeBSD ?

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 20:58:15 +0000, Manish Jain wrote:
> Nothing I have tried has worked so far.

It would be helful (and valuable for further reference) if you
could provide the commands you tried and their results. Have you
been able to check that the phone is somehow listed in "dmesg"
output when attached? Without this verification, everything else
is futile.

> But I am willing to spend a few
> bucks to settle this once and for all (considering that FreeBSD does not
> yet support Bluetooth adapters).

FreeBSD does support them. If I remember correctly, one of my
laptops running FreeBSD 12 has a BT device which is supported,
but I don't have any BT hardware to use it...

> My phone has WiFi connectivity too. So if I can get a WiFi adapter that
> is supported under FreeBSD, I could perhaps transfer files via that route.

If you have a "modem/router/WLAN AP" combined device that
connects your PC and your phone to the Internet, just make
sure they both get IP addresses in the same subnet. In this
case, you should be able to connect like this:

	         to the Internet (not needed)

	               +---*---+
	PC-----LAN-----|  box  |--<  ) ) ) WLAN ) ) ) phone
	               +-------+

So you connect "through" the box, on "IP level", not directly.
But that doesn't matter. As soon as your phone has an IP, you
could follow the suggestion to install an "FTP server app" on
it and access your files that way - provided that the files
are exported via the "FTP server app", which you have to test.

> Question is : is there a WiFi adapter that is supported under FreeBSD as
> well as available at Amazon India (https://www.amazon.in) ?

Shouldn't be needed, see idea bove.

--
Polytropon