Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:36:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        durang@u.washington.edu (Ken Marsh)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SyQuest EzDrive

In a previous message, Ken Marsh said:

> > On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Gecko wrote:
> >
> > > Can I put FreeBSD on a SyQuest disk and boot from that?
> > >

> >   In all reality, a fully-functional FreeBSD box needs more than 135 MB
> > of disk.
> >
> > - Justin J. Ashworth
>
> Don't let this stop you! You don't need so much space to run FreeBSD, only
> if you want a complete full-featured install. If you just want to try out
> the OS, 135Mb is plenty..... please mail the list if you figure out how to
> do this!!!!
>
> Ken Marsh

I don't see why you couldn't do it. The EZ135 is a full function SCSI
drive (and IDE for that version?). I use it now as at sd3.

The gotcha that I had is that probing it does not come up with the
right configuration. It has only 2 heads.  It's on my machine at
home, so I can't look it up right now, but I'll get the geometry
for everyone.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

"We've go to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"

--Lee Iacocca, making excuses over Detroit's resistance to tougher
  automobile emission standards, 1974.