Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:34:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Matt Staroscik" <matt@wrongcrowd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broken, orphaned port: how can I help?

Yesterday I tried installing a port and found that it was broken though
not marked as such. The problems were simple -- simple enough that *I* got
it working! -- and I emailed the listed port maintainer with what I have
found.

Now, I haven't heard back, but I am not jumping to conclusions because of
the holidays. But out of curiosity, if the port is in fact orphaned, what
happens? Who is the next person to contact?

I have been using FreeBSD for a while but I really don't have a good grasp
of the "big picture." I want to be a good citizen though. :) Comments?

--
matt@wrongcrowd.com