Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:54:41 -0400
From:      Michael Jamet <mjamet@computer.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Has anyone used hpscan?

Hi All,

I tried hpscan from the ports collection earlier with my HP IIcx scanner
after rebuilding my kernel with the appropriate device support (shown
below).

	#
	# scanner device add by mj
	#
	device pt0 at scbus?

I made device pt0 and linked scanner to it.

Here is the output from dmesg (so I know it saw something):
	Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
	pt0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
	pt0: <HP C2500A 3332> Fixed Processor SCSI-2 device
	pt0: 3.300MB/s transfers
	da0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
	da0: <QUANTUM FIREBALL ST6.4S 0F04> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-2 device
	da0:  10.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 15), Tagged Queueing
Enabled
	da0: 6180MB (12657717 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 787C)

When I run hpscan, I get the following:
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	scanner_send: Operation not supported by device
	Floating point exception (core dumped)

I get the hpscan messages above even when the scanner is off!

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael