Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 22:37:51 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Billy Ma <sbirdy@netvigator.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Send and received mail time delay about half day

Billy Ma wrote:

> I have a old machine used Freebsd 2.2.2, setup as a email server,
> qpopper, however, when I received some mail, I found the send time is
> delay about half day when it arrived.

Check the full headers of the message, this will tell you where the
delay occurs. Also, you may like to check your smtp daemon's logs, it
may have been refusing connections when load was too high.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key