Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:33:56 +1000
From:      "Brandon Peyton" <varian@1bigred.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Install of 4.3

The issue has nothing to do with reboots.  The PC runs fine with 4.0 without
any reboots.

The issue is:  When I initially start the install and set my BIOS to
CDROM,A,C then start up.  I press enter at the kernel boot mode then the
second it starts the BSD install menu the whole PC locks up, it doesnt
reboot, but a total lock(no lights no nothing).

I really doubt it is the CDROM itself being that i've run 4.0 on it for ages
with no errors.  Now, my inital thought was the CDROM, but it works fine on
the 4.0 install CD.  I've read throught the recent "Re: spontaneous reboots:
how common in general?" mail and I do not think this is the same issue.

Could it be that the particular ATAPI drivers are missing?  or the CD
corrupt.

Brandon