Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:44:41 -0400
From:      Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhclient.conf and setting dynamic dns ...

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Morning all ...
>
>         I have a server running as primary dns for my domain, with my
> personal computer at home running on a semi-permanent IP through Shaw
> cable ... I'm running dhclient for dhcp, and am wondering if anyone has
> set things up so that when the IP changes, it updates dynamic dns on
> antoher machine?
>
>         The only thing I can see in the dhclient.conf man page is the
> 'script' directive, but its for setting things *before* the update, not
> afterwards ...
>
>         Ideas?

I may be mistaken, but I think that the exit_with_hooks is
what you want. I've been poking around in dhclient, too. I
know it re-writes resolv.conf when it finishes updating. I
haven't had time to fully explore it, but I've been playing
around with it to put my local DNS stuff back in resolv.conf
after an update. Of course, I may be completely off-track,
but I think that's where such things go. Anyone else?