Date:      Fri, 2 Jul 1999 01:06:21 +0800 (WST)
From:      Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
To:        Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Joe Konecny wrote:

> Would it be possible to concatenate a standard header to the
> subject line of all messages originating from the FreeBSD
> mailing list?  Something like "FreeBSD> Whatever subject"
>
> This makes managing mail easier for me and I would think
> others would find it useful.

The FreeBSD guys are using majordomo, right?

In that case, it's very easy to setup. Just add the line

subject_prefix      =   QUESTIONS:

To listname.config (listname being whatever the list is called in the
majordomo directory).

Also, how about adding another line to the config file, to set the
reply-to field to questions@freebsd.org?

reply_to            =   questions@freebsd.org

It would certainly make life easier, as all replies would go back to the
list.

Regards,

d.