Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 09:31:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Schroeder, Aaron" <ajschroeder@BUTLER.TMSComputers.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DigitalServer 5305 install revisited...

Schroeder, Aaron writes:
 > Hello all,
 >
 > I have just powered on a DigitalServer 5305 and I am trying to install
 > 4.5-RELEASE onto it. Up on booting the CD, I get this error message:
 >
 > fatal kernel trap:
 > trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
 > a0 = 0x0 a1 = 0x1
 > a2 = 0xffffffffffffffff
 > pc = 0x0
 > ra = 0xfffffc00004b16cc
 > curproc = 0
 > panic: trap
 > Uptime: 0s

A PC of 0x0 implies that something followed a NULL function pointer.
There have been sporadic reports of a potentially similar problem by
people who netboot.

Does it help if you unplug the network cable durning boot?

How soon after booting do you see this?  Can you show us the rest of
the boot messages you see, please?

Drew