Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:30:23 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        attila@hun.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ROOTDEVNAME error in conf/LINT

>     am one of those who suffers from lack of politically correct
>     attitude -- I dont do M$lop (refuse to), so why should I
>     worry about slices? never need slices before M$lop....  however,
>     that may change as SCSI disk sizes keep climbing and too large
>     partitions take performance hits.

Has nothing to do with Microsoft.  Has everything to do with correct
disk layout.  Must use slice entries for system disks likely to be
shared with other operating systems.  Should use "truly dedicated" disk
layout for non-shared disks.  Defect in libdisk prevents this.  Fix
libdisk.  Become hero.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org