Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 18:13:28 -0800
From:      Chris Samaritoni <chris@tierranet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Excite for Webservers

I'm trying to get the Excite for Webservers for BSDI 2.0 to run and not
having much luck. It installs fine, but when I have it build an index, it
core dumps. Excite's indexing error log just says "No such file or
directory". The binary that it chokes on is "architextIndex". When I run it
directly, I get the following error:

ARCHITEXTERROR: TkStemmer: Error opening stemmer rules file
/Architext/table/stem.tbl ["StemTable.C", line 21]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm running FreeBSD 3.0, since the binary format has changed to ELF, is it
possible that the BSDI 2.0 binaries don't work out to the box? Do I need to
change a kernel config? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Chris.