Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 23:16:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        bh623@scn.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multi-OS

> I am thinking about installing free bsd and msdos on the same drive.
> I have read your pages on this topic and I have a few questions.
> In what manner should I install the OS's?
> Should I make two partitions on my HDD 50 mb for dos and 200 mb for free bsd?
> So I would have c: as 50 mb dos part, and d: as 200 mb free bsd part.
> Then should I install dos to c: part using the normal command ( sys c: )
> Then should I install free bsd to d: part after booting the install floppy.
> In fdisk should I make drive d: part bootable..

First, M$-DOG can't read UFS (FreeBSD partition).

Second, 200MB is unlikely enough space if you want X, and other good
stuff.  It's enough to install and run it, butI'd suggest more.

Third, why do you want M$-DOG in the first place?

Sorry I didn't answer your questions.  I've never had to use/install
M$-DOG together with any UNIX system.

> Thank you for your help.
>
>                               bh623@scn.org

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.