Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 19:58:12 GMT
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        richard@thehub.com.au, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendations on password management.

In article <514d7d$40v@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:

: Hi,

 Gday!  Loved the cafe last time i was up in brizzy (hope i've got
 the right place)

: Im canvassing for opinion on password management & the best way to
: go about it.

 "man yp" talks about YP/NIS stuff.. but i've heard from a security
 point of view it sucks a little???    I guess it all depends on
 the scale of the system you want to use as the the system you
 implement.

 if you implement something too hacked up it may not scale too well,
 but if you use something too large then it may just not be the
 most cost/time/hastle effective way :)

 Well thats pointed out more questions than answers.. but i'd be
 interested in the replies to this one.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds