Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:30:30 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        Zander Collier <zcollier@cncx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster Pro support

At 03:48 PM 7/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I (thought I) included the necessary soundblaster support in
>the configuration and compile, but after rebooting, part of
>the boot sequence stats that I need to add in Soundblaster
>Pro support before the card would work.
>
>I *DID* put a Soundblaster 32 PnP in the machine and would
>assume that it is a SB Pro and *DOES* require the support.
>(it's been so long since I threw out the packaging that I
>don't remember...)
>
>The question is: "Where do I look to find the proper entry
>for SB Pro support to be compiled into the kernal?"
>
>My book is an old Complete FreeBSD circa 2.2.5.  I also
>cannot find the info on freebsd.org.  :(
>

>Thanks in advance,
>-Zander

OK, what version of FreeBSD are you using now?

If it's 3.x, check out the Errata Section (especially the 2nd problem about
kernel.conf)
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/3.1R/errata.html

Also, check out the Kernel Configuration Section of the FreeBSD Handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Anything else we can help you with on this one? E-mail the list back :-)

Kevin Weiss
kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu